Electrical, Mechanical & Plumbing

The City of Azle conveniently utilizes one miscellaneous permit application form for most of our permits. Use this form to apply for commercial or residential permits for electrical, mechanical, plumbing, irrigation, demolition, solar, accessory buildings, and more.

  • Electrical permits are required for the installation of new electrical service equipment; changing, moving or repairing electrical, including new electric lines or the replacement of an existing electric line; existing service re-locations; service increases; and fixed appliances and equipment connections.
  • Mechanical permits are required for the replacement, repair or alteration of mechanical systems in structures, including the changing, moving or repairing of mechanical equipment such as a central heating and air conditioning system, and/or duct work.
  • Plumbing permits are required for all plumbing work including water service, drains, water mains, sewage disposal systems, and related fixtures and appliances. This includes gas lines, propane tanks, installation of sprinkler systems, and associated piping for flammable liquids. This also includes changing, moving or repairing plumbing  including water heaters and shower pans.

If you have any questions or need assistance with permits, please call 817-444-2541 ext. 102.

Miscellaneous Permit Application

Please email all applications and forms to permits@cityofazle.org.


View the Fee Schedule. Building permit fees vary according to the type of construction.