Public Information Requests / Open Records
Public Information Requests
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552 known as the Public Information Act (the “Public Information Act” or the “Act”) gives the public the right to request access to government information. The Act is triggered when a person submits a written request to a governmental body. The request must ask for records or information already in existence. The Act does not require a governmental body to create new information, to do legal research, or to answer questions. In preparing a request, a person may want to ask the governmental body what information is available.
A person may ask to view the information, get copies of the information, or both. If a request is for copies of information, the governmental body may charge for the copies. If a request is only for an opportunity to inspect information, then usually the governmental body may not impose a charge on the requestor. However, under certain limited circumstances, a governmental body may impose a charge for access to information. All charges imposed by a governmental body for copies or for access to information must comply with the rules prescribed by the Office of the Attorney General (“OAG”), unless another statute authorizes a governmental body to set its own charges.
How to Make a Request
Requests for public information can be made by sending an email to the City Secretary`s office or by submitting a Public Information request online. The form may also be:
faxed to: 817-444-7149
Hand Delivered to City Hall 505 W. Main St. Building 1
Mailed; Azle City Secretary POBOX 1378, Azle Texas 76098
Please be specific as possible as to the records you are requesting.
Frequently Requested Reports
- Economic Development, Certificates of Occupancy,
- Code Enforcement - Code Violations monthly report
- Fire Department: Structure Fire Reports
- Building Department: Monthly Permit Reports
- Garage Sale Permits - Monthly Report
- Utility Billing: Water shutoff Report - Please note this report will no longer be available on our website. According to H.B No. 872, this information cannot be released unless authorized by the utility customer (see the link below).
H.B No. 872