(a) Purposes. The purposes and objectives of this article are as follows:
(1) Maintain and improve the quality of surface water and groundwater within the City of Azle, the North Central Texas Region and the State of Texas.
(2) Prevent the discharge of contaminated stormwater runoff from industrial, commercial, residential and construction sites into the municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) and natural waters within the City of Azle.
(3) Promote public awareness of the hazards involved in the improper discharge of hazardous substances, petroleum products, household hazardous waste, industrial waste, sediment from construction sites, pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and other contaminants into the storm sewers and natural waters of the city.
(4) Encourage recycling of used motor oil and safe disposal of other hazardous consumer products.
(5) Facilitate compliance with state and federal standards and permits by owners and operators of industrial and construction sites within the city.
(6) Enable the city to comply with all federal and state laws and regulations applicable to stormwater discharges.