New Accounts

Opening / Transferring an Account

If you are new to the area or moving from one residence to another and need to open or transfer a water account, please refer to the following information:

New Accounts

If applying for new water service you will need to appear in person at City Hall, 505 W. Main, to provide us with a valid driver’s license or photo I.D. in order to comply with the Federal Trade Commissions Identity Theft Prevention Program. We will also require your social security number and a lease agreement or closing papers for your residence in order for the account to become active.

If your residence is located within the city limits, a deposit of $150 is required. If you live out side of the city limits, a deposit of $175 is required. In addition to the deposit, you will also be charged a $15 service fee for the connection of your water.

The deposit must be received prior to turning on service.

Account Transfers

If you have a current account with us, and are simply moving from one location to another, we can complete that process over the telephone. There is a $15.00 service charge for the connection and your existing deposit will be transferred to the new account. However, you will still be required to provide us the new lease agreement or closing papers for your new residence.

Notice of Disclosure of Water Customer Information

In compliance with HB 872 passed by the 87th Texas Legislature, personal information and information regarding customer usage, services, and billing, including amounts billed or collected for utility usage, will now automatically be maintained as confidential by the Utility Billing Department, unless requested by the customer or otherwise required by law. Customers are no longer required to request that this information be maintained as confidential.

Customers still have the option of requesting the information be released by completing the Customer Information Disclosure Form or submitting a written request to the Utility Billing Department. All requests must be emailed to or mailed to City of Azle Attn: Utility Billing, PO Box 1378, Azle, TX  76098.

Electronic Statements

The City of Azle is proud to offer utility customers the opportunity to “GO GREEN” with electronic or paperless utility account billing statements. The electronic statement (e-statement) is a paperless version of your monthly utility paper statement with the additional convenience of electronic delivery. By signing up for e-statements, you will still enjoy the benefits of a paper statement but with less clutter and paper waste. The statement will be sent to an e-mail address of your choice. You will be able to view, print or save each month’s statement right from your computer at any time. You never have to worry about your paper statement or personal information being lost or stolen in the mail, thus lowering your risk for mail fraud and identity theft. All with the added benefit of helping the environment and saving trees in the process.

To receive e-statements, complete the Electronic Statement Enrollment (PDF) form and return it to the Utility Billing Department at City Hall or fax to 817-444-7319 ATTN: Utility Billing.

Payment Options

The City of Azle offers its utility customers several ways to pay their monthly utility bill:

  • online or by phone using a MasterCard®, VISA® or Discover® debit or credit card
  • autopay bank draft
  • by mail using the return envelope included with your bill
  • after hours drop box located at City Hall, 505 W. Main - Bldg 1
  • in person at the Utility Billing Department located at City Hall, 505 W. Main

Contact Utility Billing Department for additional information at 817-444-2541.