Code Enforcement is an important part of the Planning & Development Department. Code Enforcement Officers handle various property nuisance issues. City codes are enforced to reduce vandalism, fire hazards, urban blight, and to promote the health and safety of the citizens of Azle. This is accomplished through education and reasonable enforcement.
Our goal is compliance.
Common Residential Code Violations
- High grass and weeds
- Rubbish, trash, Junk, and debris (Prohibited Conditions)
- Parking on unapproved surfaces
- Fence maintenance
Common Commercial Violations
- Illegal signs
- Operating without valid Certificate of Occupancy
- Outside storage
Common Complaints Handled by Other Departments
- Animal Control
- All animal-related concerns and complaints
- Police Department
- Noise complaints
- Vehicles on public right-of-way
- Illegal dumping of hazardous waste or dangerous materials
- The City of Azle provides a disposal site for used oil and oil filters at the City's vehicle maintenance facility at 824 Park Drive.
- For other hazardous materials, contact the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Agency at (817) 392-3279, which is located at 6400 Bridge Street in Fort Worth.
If you have questions regarding Building Permits or Inspections, please visit our website or contact our Permit Desk at 817-444-2541 ext. 102.