Message from the Chief
Hello and welcome to the Azle Police Department web page. I’m glad you’ve taken the time to learn more about us. The department is staffed by thirty full-time sworn officers, one part-time court bailiff, one sworn reserve officer and 10 civilian employees. These men and women are carefully selected, highly competent, deeply committed professionals with a common goal; to effectively and efficiently meet the police service needs of Azle citizens, businesses and visitors.
The Azle Police Department strongly believes in a community centric approach to policing and problem solving. Although many beneficial partnerships have been formed to collaboratively address issues of shared concern in our city, the foundation of community policing will always be simply an officer reaching out to individual citizens, listening to their problems, and working with them to seek solutions. Together, we can preserve the quality of life Azle residents have come to enjoy and richly deserve.
I am proud to lead the men and women of the Azle Police Department in the rewarding and challenging work we perform twenty-four hours a day, every day of the year, serving our community and playing a key role in making the City of Azle a great place to live, work, play and raise a family.
- Chief Rick Pippins
Azle Police Department Mission:
At the Azle Police Department, we are dedicated to work in partnership with our community to create and maintain an environment where the lives and property of our citizens and visitors are protected, where neighbors are assisted with resolving their problems, and quality of life is enhanced for everyone privileged to call the City of Azle, Texas home.
We are committed to our mission and will remain eternally vigilant in our service to the citizens of Azle, Texas. “Our Community, Our Commitment”
Azle Police Department Values:
"Commitment" - As members of the Azle Police Department, we accept responsibility for contributing to the quality of life in our community. We believe the character of our department is best reflected in the quality of service provided by each of our members.
We will meet the challenge to provide quality service through our shared values and commitment to:
- Serve in an impartial, courteous, responsive, and effective manner
- Maintain an attitude which respects the dignity and rights of those we serve
- Facilitate open communications with the public
- Take responsibility for our actions and be willing to admit our mistakes
- Act professionally with a clear purpose and direction
- Remain enthusiastic and empathetic in our public and employee relations
- Promote community involvement and cooperation
- Always remember we are members of the community we serve
- Earn the respect, support and trust of our community
Azle Police Department Goals:
- Reduce crime, increase safety and security, and improve the quality of life of Azle’s residents
- Build trust and collaboration between community residents, businesses, and police officers through community policing and crime prevention efforts
- Build close collaborative professional relationships with local educators to prevent juvenile crime and promote youth intervention / diversion programs
- Always seek to improve the professional capabilities of the department and individual officers by remaining on the cutting edge of best practices, training and education