Message from Center Director
The Azle Adult Activity Center is a safe place for folks 60 years young and older to meet for food, fun and fellowship.
We have taken precautions to keep everyone as safe as possible. Each day, we sanitize tables, chairs, and restrooms. We also provide hands-free hand sanitation stations, and seat no more that 4 - 6 people per table. In addition, we have air purifiers that operate while people are in the room. The wearing of masks is optional.
The highlight of our day is the time spent with each other during meals, which are served Monday through Friday.
I invite you to come share in some fun and engaging activities while enjoying fellowship and community.
The Senior Citizen Center is located in Ash Creek Park in the B. J. Clark Building, 601 SE Parkway.
A nutritious hot lunch is served daily at 11:30 AM (please call 817-444-0070 for information about reservations). These are individual, pre-plated meals prepared by Meals on Wheels of Tarrant County that meet all the nutritional guidelines established by the U.S. Government.
Two (2) menu options are available; Menu A or Menu B. Menu A will never contain pork or fish. Side dishes are the same for both meals. The latest a meal can be ordered is 9:30 a.m. the day you wish to eat, as meals are ordered at that time. Breakfast is also available but must be ordered two days in advance.
We suggest a voluntary donation of $2 per meal, but no one is ever denied a meal based on their ability or willingness to contribute.
A variety of games and activities are available daily. Activities at the center include arts and crafts, bridge, bible study, entertainment by various bands, bingo and table games.
Informational seminars such as legal, tax and benefits counseling are offered without charge.
- Safe Driving Class offered by AARP every other month
- Birthdays/Anniversaries celebrated on the third Thursday of each month. Care-N-Care provides cake and ice cream.
- A Matter of Balance
- Day Trips to various locations / events in the DFW Metroplex
- Better Living information
- Pet food, provided by Don't Forget 2 Feed Me, is distributed every two (2) weeks. Food is in gallon storage bags that weigh about 6 - 7 lbs and is no particular brand.
- Senior Medicare Patrol Scam Info
- Annual Resource Fair and Open House
Call 817-444-0070 for more information.