Utility Billing Department is responsible for the billing and collecting of water, sewer, garbage and storm water utility fees for the City of Azle. Utility Billing assists City utility customers with establishing, transferring or terminating utility services, authorizing autopay bank drafting and payment averaging and by responding to service issues and queries.
Ways to Pay
The City of Azle offers its utility customers several ways to pay their monthly utility bill:
- online or by phone using a MasterCard®, VISA® or Discover® debit or credit card for a one-time payment.
- online using a MasterCard®, VISA® or Discover® debit or credit card for scheduling recurring monthly payments
- autopay bank draft
- by mail using the return envelope included with your bill
- after hours drop box located at City Hall, 505 W. Main St - Bldg 1
- in person at the Utility Billing Department located at City Hall, 505 W. Main St - Bldg 1.
If you're a residential water customer in Azle, your wastewater charge is re-evaluated every year by the water consumption shown on your December, January and February billings (Nov, Dec and Jan actual consumption).
If, for example, your residential usage was 1500, 2000 and 900 for these months, we would take the average of these three amounts (1467) times 0.0247 for a charge of $36.23 plus the base charge of $23.00, for a total of $59.23.
This is the amount you would be charged for the entire year. The city chose these months, your "winter average", because residential customers are normally not watering their lawns during this time.
If you have questions regarding your utility service, please contact Customer Service at 817-444-2541.