Customer Assistance

Municipal Court staff is available to assist you in processing the citation you received. The citation should be given by an Azle Police Officer, Azle School Resource Officer, Code Enforcement Officer or Animal Control Officer. Read the citation carefully and you will obtain much of the information you need to process your case.

Night Box Deposit

The Court office is located at Azle City Hall, 505 W. Main St - Bldg 1, and we’re open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays. There is a night deposit box located in the front of the building where you may deposit payments and correspondence. Should you choose to utilize this box, make sure you clearly mark that your payment is for Municipal Court.


If you wish to pay your citation in full, you may contact the court office to obtain the amount of your citation(s). We accept payment in the form of cash, personal check, cashier’s check, money order, or credit card. (**Please note, there is a 3.6% processing fee when using credit cards. Personal checks are not accepted on outstanding warrant(s).**)

You may also pay your citation online.

**Please note, there is a convenience fee for utilizing this service**

Court Appearance

You have 20 days from the date of your citation to appear. You may appear either in person, by mail, or through an attorney. A telephone call does not constitute an appearance. No payment extensions or court date settings will be granted by telephone. When you appear, you will be asked to enter a plea of no contest, guilty, or not guilty. If you enter a plea of not guilty, you will be given a date for pre-trial. You may have a trial by judge or jury, and you must specify your preference at the time you enter your plea.

Alternative Disposition

If you do not have the economic ability to pay a fine, you may request an alternative disposition. This would require you to complete a financial information application and provide to the Judge in open court. For more information, please contact the court office.

Expired License or Registration

If you received a citation for Expired Drivers License or Expired Registration, you may request the charge be dismissed if the violation was corrected within 20 days from the date of offense. You must bring in receipt of correction along with a $20 compliance fee per charge. In order for a charge of Expired Registration to be dismissed, you must pay the appropriate penalties to the state upon renewal and show this receipt for dismissal

Citation for No Financial Responsibility

If you received a citation for No Financial Responsibility (FMFR), you must present a valid liability insurance card that was valid on the date you were cited. Your proof of insurance will be verified and, upon verification, your case will be dismissed. If your proof of insurance is not valid, you will be summoned to appear before the Municipal Court Judge to show proof why an invalid insurance card was presented to the court. "It is a crime to intentionally or knowingly file a fraudulent court record or a fraudulent instrument with the clerk" G.C. 51.904.

Schedule a Court Date

If you would like to schedule a court date, you may appear at the court office to obtain a court appearance date. You cannot schedule a court appearance by telephone. Please remember, the clerks in the Municipal Court office cannot make judgments on any case. They are not attorneys, nor can they give legal advice. They cannot dismiss cases; these are duties of the judge. They will assist you in any way possible to process your case.

** Safe Harbor from Warrants – If you have an outstanding arrest warrant for the Azle Municipal Court, you should contact the court office to make arrangements in order to avoid arrest. You will NOT BE ARRESTED on the Azle Class C Warrants when you come to the Court to make arrangements.